Hair Smoothing Services in San Diego, CA
We’re All About The Smooth in San Diego, CA!
All of our treatments are specially designed to help eliminate frizz, add shine and help keep your hair
healthy. Some of our treatments focus on slight curl reductions while other treatments provide greater curl reduction. None of our treatments are straighteners; they are designed to improve your hair’s overall health and appearance. Smoothing treatments may provide protection from external elements like uv rays and pollutants in the air. These treatments will not protect the hair from heat damage though, you will still need a heat protector when styling your hair.
Every treatment provides different results depending on your individual hair type and history. A client with
coarse, curly, natural hair will react differently to a treatment than a client with fine, wavy, colored hair; even when doing the exact same treatment. This is why we urge everyone to consult with one of our specialty trained stylists to be sure you are achieving your hair goals with each treatment.
All treatments at The Smoothbar are progressive. This means that each time you get a treatment before the last has completely washed out the more effective your treatment will be and the longer it will last. Another important factor to keep your treatment fresh and looking great is proper at home care. Using approved home care products and caring for your hair will allow your treatment to stay longer and be more effective. Refer to our blog on at home care for more information
Find Your Smooth in San Diego, CA
Whether you have frizzy, straight, or curly hair, we will get you where you want to be.
Select your current hair type (top).
Select your ideal hair type (bottom).
View your recommended results.*
*Results may vary. Call today to get your free consultation!
number of treatments needed0
number of days it will last00
Can’t Decide What Treatment Is Best For You?
Our highly trained stylists are here to guide you to the best treatment to help you achieve your hair goals. Give us a call today for a free consultation or book any service online. When you arrive for your scheduled appointment we will help direct you to the treatment right for you!
Please Note when booking if your hair is past your collar bone when straight so we are sure to book enough time.
- If your hair is color treated we recommend that you color your hair right before your smoothing treatment or wait 2 weeks after a smoothing treatment to color again. If you are planning on going lighter with your color or highlighting your hair after receiving a treatment you will be stripping out the treatment.
- If we need to use more time and/or product with your hair there may be an extra fee that applies to your service.
- When scheduling your smoothing treatment please let us know if you have extremely thick and/or long hair so we can book enough time for you.
- The treatment will be much more effective if your hair is free of excessive buildup. We will cleanse your hair with special shampoo to prep it before your treatment, however, if there is excessive buildup of products and/or oils it may add on extra time to the service and can result in an extra fee.
- If you have hair extensions please remove them prior to your appointment. If that is not a option you will need to call the salon to set up a consultation before we can book your appointment.
- No children are allowed in the salon under the age of 13 unless they are receiving a treatment.